Spaghetti Squash SupremeFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (4 lb) shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes undrained shopping list
- 2 T. prepared pesto shopping list
- 1/2 t. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 C. dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 C. shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 1 T. plus 1 t. olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove minced shopping list
- 1/2 C. chicken broth shopping list
- 1/3 C. shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, discard seeds.
- Place squash cut side down on a microwave safe plate.
- Microwave uncovereed on high for 14-16 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile in a blender, combine the tomatoes, pesto, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and process until blended, set aside .
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 T. oil until no longer pink;
- remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender.
- Stir in the broth, chicken and reserved tomato mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, layer half the squash , chicken mixture
- and reserved crumb mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Broil 3-4" from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!