Cherry Clafoutis Kla-foo-TEEFrom maeflower 7 years ago
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 11/2 lb. fresh cherries, pitted, or 1 1/4 lb frozen cherries, thawed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest shopping list
- Pistachio ice cream for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter large (14x9x3) rectangular baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar; beat with handheld mixer on medium-high speed until ribbons form, about 8 minutes.
- Add flour, vanilla, and cream. Reduce speed to low; beat until completely blended, stopping mixer occasionally to scape down sides of bowl.
- In small bowl, using handheld whisk, beat egg whites and salt, about 30 seconds. Add whites to batter; beat with mixer on low speed until incorporated, 1-2 minutes.
- Preheat prepared baking dish in oven for 4-5 minutes.
- In bowl, stir together cherries, 1/3 cup sugar and zest.
- Remove pan from oven. Pour in cherries; top with batter.
- Bake until clafoutis is set in the middle, 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm with Pistachio ice cream.
The Cookmaeflower Edmonds, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!