Ziti with Roasted Tomatoes Onions and PeppersFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 2 small red or yellow bell peppers, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 small (or 2 med) white or yellow onions cut into 1-inch chunks shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 T clove garlic shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt, plus more to taste shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste shopping list
- italian seasoning shopping list
- 8 ounces dried ziti pasta shopping list
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss veggies with oil and garlic to coat well
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on a large, rimmed baking sheet (preferably nonstick).
- Season with salt and pepper
- Roast for 15 minutes, then use a spatula to turn over the vegetables. Roast for 15 to 25 minutes, or until the peppers and tomatoes have softened and the onion is just starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions; drain and rinse
- If using meat of any kind, saute while pasta is cooking
- When the vegetables are ready, toss with the cooked pasta, italian seasoning, salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve warm, with grated Parmesan cheese
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating6 people
great recipe... I like roasted veggies with pasta... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I love roasted veggies with steak and the pasta is an added bonus!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it