Coconut Candy Bar CakeFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- 14 -squares BAKER'S Semi-sweet chocolate, divided shopping list
- 1/2 -cup (1 stick) butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 -cup sugar shopping list
- 2- eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2- tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1-2/3- cups flour, divided shopping list
- 3/4- tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/8- tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 -cup water shopping list
- 1- pkg. (14 oz.) BAKER'S angel flake coconut (5-1/3 cups) shopping list
- 1- can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 3/4- cup whipping cream shopping list
- 2 -Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Place 4 of the chocolate squares and 1/2 cup butter in large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 min. or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Blend in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended.
- Add vanilla; mix well.
- Add 1/3 cup of the flour, the baking soda and salt; beat well.
- Add remaining 1-1/3 cups flour alternately with the water, mixing until well blended.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- MIX coconut and sweetened condensed milk until well blended; spread over cake.
- Microwave whipping cream and 2 Tbsp. butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min.; stir.
- Microwave an additional 30 sec. or until mixture comes to boil.
- Add remaining 10 chocolate squares; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Cool until mixture is of desired spreading consistency, stirring frequently.
- Spread over cake.
- Let stand until chocolate layer is firm.
- SERVES 36
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating6 people
Sure look good enough to eat.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
Great recipe tink :)aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
these look yummy Tink..^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!