Fennel PureeFrom rottman 5 years ago
How to make it
- Put the fennel in a large skillet and season it with the salt and pepper. Bury the packet of seeds in the center of the skillet and pour in the water. Dot with the butter.
- Cut a round of parchment the size of your skillet and cut a hole i the center to release steam. Cover the fennel with the parchment and bring to a simmer ofver medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently until until the pan is just about dry and the fennel is very tender, about 40 minutes.
- Discard the packet of seeds. Puree the fennel in a food processor until very smooth. Check for aald and pepper.
- Authors note: Think of this side when you want a foil for fatty salmon or oily fish like mackerel.
- My notes: Rather than using a skillet and parchment, you can achieve the same ends with a pot and steamer.
- From Fish without a Doubt, by Rick Moonen & Roy Finamore
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!