Asian Stir-fried PorkFrom littlesponger 4 years ago
- 2 lbs boneless loin of pork shopping list
- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 12 black peppercorns, coarsely crushed shopping list
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2Tbsp chili-garlic sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce, or more to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped shopping list
- a pinch of salt & pepper shopping list
- fresh cilantro leaves, to garnish shopping list
- 4 cups of steamed rice, to serve (or rice noodle) shopping list
How to make it
- Trim any excess fat from the pork. Cut the meat across into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut each slice into 1/4 inch strips.
- Put the pork into a bowl with the lemongrass, green onion, salt and crushed peppercorns. Mix well, then cover and let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a deep pan or wok until hot, add the oil and swirl it around.
- Add the pork mixture and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the Chili Garlic Sauce and stir-fry for another 5-8 minutes over medium heat, until the pork no longer looks pink.
- Add the sugar, fish sauce and chopped peanuts and toss to mix.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve on a bed of rice or rice noodles.