Red Bell Pepper CoulisFrom rottman 7 years ago
How to make it
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil, shallots, and garlic. Saute, stirring for 1 minute. Add the bell pepper, season with salt, and saute, stirring often until the pepper is starting to get tender, about 10 minutes. Do not allow the peppers to brown.
- Pour in the wine and cook until the pan is just about dry.
- Scrape everything in the pan into a blender. Let cool for a couple of minutes, then process until smooth. Scrape the puree down. Turn the blender back on and pour in the vinegar and then the oil in a steady stream.
- Authors note: This sauce us used when you want the flavor of bell peppers on your plate. Alternatively, it can be used with a creamy samce, like Spicy Remoulade, as a dip for fried fish. You can substitue yellor or orange peppers.
- from: Fish without a Doubt, by Rick Moonen and Roy Finamore
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
- Not added to any groups yet!