Burnt Sugar FrostingFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
How to make it
- BURNT SUGAR:
- Pour 3/4 cup sugar into heavy skillet.
- Cook and stir constantly over low heat until sugar melts and begins to turn a dark golden color.
- Gradually (and carefully) stir in 3/4 cup HOT water.
- Cook and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Cream 3/4 cup butter in large mixer bowl.
- Add egg yolks and blend well.
- Add confectioners' sugar and all but 2 tablespoons sugar syrup.
- Beat to spreading consistency.
- Frost cake.
- Drizzle remaining syrup over cake.