Cherry ClafoutisFrom omshivs 7 years ago
- For the filling: shopping list
- 450g/1lb fresh stoned cherries shopping list
- 2 level tbsp granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp kirsch (or red wine) shopping list
- 2 tbsp ground biscuit crumbs (digestive biscuits) shopping list
- For the batter: shopping list
- 2 whole eggs shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 85g/3oz sugar shopping list
- 30g/1oz cornflour shopping list
- 250g/9oz double cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 220C/425F/Gas7.
- Combine the cherries, sugar and kirsch. Place in an ovenproof dish and put in the oven for 5 minutes until the cherries are hot. Drain the cherries, saving the juices, and cool.
- Reduce the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. For the batter, whisk the eggs and egg yolks until light and frothy, add the sugar and whisk until well blended. Add the cornflour and double cream, and then set aside to rest.
- Mix the cherries with the biscuit crumbs, sprinkle into the ovenproof dish and then pour over the batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and firm.
- Leave to cool to room temperature, dust with caster sugar and serve with crème fraîche flavoured with cherry juice or a good vanilla ice cream.
- Enjoy!! :)
The Cookomshivs London, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!