Korean Braised OxtailFrom littlesponger 4 years ago
- 2.5 - 3 lbs oxtail, cut into pieces shopping list
- 3 Tbsp mirin (rice wine) shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp brown sugar shopping list
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp minced ginger shopping list
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chili garlic sauce shopping list
- a pinch of black pepper shopping list
- cooked rice, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Put the meat into cold water to soak the blood out for at least 30 minutes. Remove oxtail from water & cut off the fat from the meat. Put a pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil, once boiling add the meat and boil for about 5minuts. Remove the pot from stove and rinse the meat with cold water.
- In a medium pot, add oxtails, onions, garlic, chili garlic sauce, ginger, Mirin, brown sugar, and marinate at least 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
- Add enough water to just cover the oxtails and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower to a simmer, cover and cook 1 hour;stir often to keep oxtails covered with liquid.
- At 1 hour, add 1/2 to 1 more cup of beef broth or water, if needed. Bring to a boil then simmer uncovered 30 minutes to 1 hour,or till meat is tender enough to easily pull apart. stir occasionally but gently. In the last a few minutes of cook time, season with green onions, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve with rice.
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating2 people
My wife will go crazy for you version. She's from Pusan.merlin in San Francisco loved it