Watercress Salad With Tequila Tangerine DressingFrom quaziefly 6 years ago
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh tangerine or orange juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons tequila, preferably gold shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons honey shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 3 large bunches watercress, tough stems removed shopping list
- 2 tangerines or 1 small orange, sectioned, membranes removed, and sections halved shopping list
- 3/4 cup diced jicama (See note below) shopping list
- 1/2 cup thin-sliced mild red radishes shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions shopping list
How to make it
- To make the dressing, combine the tangerine juice, vegetable oil, tequila, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth. (The dressing can be made a day ahead, but shake well before using.)
- In a serving bowl, toss the watercress with enough dressing to coat well. Toss with tangerines, jicama, radishes, and green onions. Serve immediately with additional dressing on the side.
- NOTE: What is Jicama? Jicama is a crispy, sweet, edible root that resembles a turnip in physical appearance, although the plants are not related. Jicama has been cultivated in South America for centuries, and the vegetable is quite popular in Mexican cuisine. Jicama has a unique flavor that lends itself well to salads, salsas, and vegetable platters.
The Cookquaziefly ALL POINTS
The Rating5 people
I love watercress better than other greens thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is divine, quazie! I do so love jicama. High 5. Thanks.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Love citrus type dressings, and the salad sounds good too.grumpybaker in Jacksonville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!