Polish Coffee CakeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast, ( not in the original recipe but 3 pkgs yeast may be better! shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C) shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 10 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 10 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed shopping list
- 2/3 cup white sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Let stand until creamy,about 10 minutes.
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat.
- Mix in 1 cup butter until melted.
- Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- Mix in the nutmeg, orange extract, vanilla extract, and the yeast
- Stir in 3 cups flour and the salt.
- Stir in 1/3 of the milk mixture.
- Mix in the remaining flour and milk mixture in two alternating
- Cover bowl, and let rise until doubled, and light .
- In a small bowl, prepare the topping by cutting together 1/2 cup butter and 2/3 cups sugar until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Preheat oven to350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease 3 10-inch Bundt pans.
- Lightly divide dough into the prepared pans, and sprinkle with the topping mixture. Let rise till double t
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Note: as with any yeast coffee cake, these taste best the day baked and freeze leftover
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
The safety net of having a coffee cake in the freezer is VERY appealing to me, midge! Thanks and my 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Good To Freeze127 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Bake Sale126 members
Family Favorites140 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Fix And Freeze Recipes40 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members