Pasta Shells With Sausage In Tomato Cream SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 pound medium pasta shells shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage in casing shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds plum tomatoes peeled, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In large pot cook pasta according to package directions until tender but firm then drain.
- Transfer pasta to large serving platter then add 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix lightly.
- Cover with foil and set aside then place sausages in pot with water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes then drain the sausages and cut into slices 1/4" thick.
- Wipe out pot with paper towel and add remaining oil and place over medium high heat.
- Add sausage then cook turning occasionally until sausage is nicely browned.
- Drain off excess fat then add tomatoes, 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1 teaspoon basil and garlic.
- Stir in 1/8 teaspoon of the hot pepper flakes then cook over medium heat stirring often.
- Add cream and salt then continue to cook until cream has reduced slightly.
- Add remaining rosemary, basil and red pepper flakes then pour over hot pasta.
- Mix lightly to coat then serve topped with parmesan cheese.