Toffee coffee ice cream tart with a chocolate and cinnamon crustFrom capebretonqt 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. finely ground chocolate wafer cookies shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped English toffee bar (ie: Skor) shopping list
- 1 1/2 pts. coffee ice cream, lightly softened shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1/3 c. whipping cream shopping list
- 1 Tbl. unsalted butter shopping list
- 6 oz. good quality white chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 325*. Butter bottom and sides of tart pan with removable bottom.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs and cinnamon. Stir in melted butter to combine. Press in bottom and up sides of tart pan. Bake until set. (about 9 minutes) Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, sprinkle 2 Tbl. of toffee bits over crust. Spread ice cream over toffee. Cover and place in freezer until firm. (4 hrs - overnight)
- Combine cream and butter in medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and add white chocolate. Allow to sit for a minute, then stir until melted and smooth. Add vanilla and let stand until slightly thickened, but still pourable. (about 15 minutes)
- Spread topping mixture over ice cream layer. Cover and freeze for an hour. Top with remaining toffee pieces. Freeze until firm. (4 hours - overnight)
- ***Note: This can be made up to 5 days in advance. Just be sure to cover tightly.