Applesauce Spice Pound CakeFrom angelgirl94 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter(2 sticks)-softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup applesauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons baking soda shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour-divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10" bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy,5-7 minutes.
- Add egg, one at a time, and beat just until combined after each addition.
- Combine applesauce and baking soda and set aside.
- Sift together 2 3/4 cup flour and spices. Add to butter mixture alternately with applesauce mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix until just combined after each addition.
- Stir together remaining 1/4 cup flour and pecans until well coated. Fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Serve topped with powdered sugar or whipped topping.