CRISPY MOZZARELLA STICKSFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
How to make it
- Thaw the pastry sheets at room temperature for 40 minutes or until they're easy to handle. Preheat oven to 400*. Stir the egg and water with a fork in a small bowl. Put the Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry into 6 (5x3") rectangles. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
- Put a mozzarella stick on the long edge of each pastry rectangle and roll up in the pastry. Press pastry gently along the long edge and pinch the ends to seal. Place pastry rolls seam-side down on work surface.
- Brush the tops of the pastry rolls with the egg mixture. Dip the tops in Parmesan cheese and place cheese-side up 1" apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Prick the tops of the pastry rolls with a fork 6 times down the length of each roll.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until golden ( some cheese may ooze out )
- Heat the pasta sauce. Put the baked rolls on a serving platter. Serve warm with the pasta sauce for dipping.
- If cheese sticks are cut in half and puff pastry cut to size accordingly it makes a great appetizer.