Oven TemperaturesFrom lohashim 5 years ago
- Found a recipe you want to try but, unfortunately, it only gives oven temperatures in degrees Fahrenheit and you cook by gas - what is the gas mark equivalent? shopping list
- These question are very often asked : shopping list
- What is meant by "cook in a moderate oven"? shopping list
- My new cooker has Celsius markings, how do I convert my old recipes? shopping list
- These are all queries I have received over the past few months, so I thought this page may prove useful to others - shopping list
How to make it
- Fahrenheit celsius Gas Mark Description
- 225 110 1/4 very slow
- 250 120/130 1/2 very slow
- 275 140 1 slow
- 300 150 2 slow
- 325 160/170 3 moderate
- 350 180 180 4 moderate
- 375 190 190 5 moderate hot
- 400 200 200 6 moderate hot
- 425 220 220 7 hot
- 450 230 8 hot
- 475 240 9 very hot
- Please remember this is a guide only and not exact conversions.
- As a rule of thumb Celsius is roughly half the Fahrenheit temperature.
- Fan assisted ovens are usually set approximately 25 degrees Celsius (i.e. approximately 50 degrees Fahrenheit) lower than others and cooking time is reduced by 10 minutes for every hour of cooking time.
- Different manufacturers and oven types do vary, so always refer to your cooker instruction book.