Sauted Crab Imperial On Toasted English MuffinFrom rottman 7 years ago
- 1 lb lump crab meat shopping list
- 1/2 c mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 c sour cream shopping list
- 1 ts lemon juice shopping list
- 1 ts worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 ts Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/8 ts curry powder shopping list
- kosher salt (and white pepper if desired) shopping list
- Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 3 Tb margarine shopping list
- 4 English muffins, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the crab, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, and curry powder.
- This recipe is enough for about three 10-inch skillets of sauted crab.
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. For each skillet, melt one Tb margarine and add about 3/4 cup of the crab mixture. Stir and turn with a spatula. As the mixture begins to boil, the liquids evaporate leaving a browned, tender crab meat. Tend the meat during this process to prevent burning. Season lightly with salt and Old Bay seasoning. Add white pepper if desired.
- When the crab meat is a crusty brown, scoop it over toasted English muffin halves (buttered if daring) and serve.
- Repeat the process.
- Left over Crab Imperial can be kept in the refrigerator a day or so if necessary.