Pumpkin - Coconut Spice CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 5.3 oz creamed coconut (about one package - it's solid, not a coconut cream or milk) shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil shopping list
- 2 tsp vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 350F, grease 2 8" pans.
- Mix the flours, white sugar, spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, heat water to boiling.
- Stir in creamed coconut until smooth and rich-looking.
- Add brown sugar and simmer 1 - 2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in oil, vinegar and pumpkin.
- Pour warm pumpkin mixture (carefully!) into the dry ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until it springs back when touched and tests done with a skewer.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.