Cajun Blackened Shrimp StroganoffFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning shopping list
- 6 ounces fettuccini pasta shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots shopping list
- 2/3 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers shopping list
- 1 tablespoon drained capers shopping list
How to make it
- Combine peeled shrimp, oil, and Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Cook and stir mushrooms and shallot in butter until tender.
- Remove from pan.
- Add shrimp cook until shrimp turn pink about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add 2/3 cup chicken broth to pan, and bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, until reduced to 1/4 cup (2 to 3 minutes).
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and cornstarch; mix in 1 cup chicken broth.
- Stir into reduced chicken broth in the frying pan.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in shrimp, mushroom mixture, roasted red peppers, and capers. Heat through, and season to taste.
- Serve over pasta.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating5 people
Could You PLEASE come to Southern California this week-end and cook this
"5"FORK!!!!! 'Heavenly Shrimp' for me???
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Wonderful! Maretheiris in Garden City loved it