Fish TacosFrom shartman 8 years ago
- 1/4 head green cabbage shopping list
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1 dash ground ancho pepper (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. skinless, boneless cod, haddock, or pollock, cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 5 Tbs lime juice (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 avocado, peeled and pit removed shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, chopped shopping list
- 3 Tbs chopped cilantro leaves shopping list
- 2 Tbs canola oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 large tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1/3 pineapple, peeled, quartered through the core, core removed, and very thinly sliced into 1 1/2-inch strips shopping list
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 12 6-inch tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Core the cabbage. Halve it lengthwise, then slice it very thinly into shreds. In a serving bowl, mix together the cabbage, vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and ancho, if using. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In another large bowl, combine the fish, 3 tablespoons lime juice, and half the jalapeno. Season generously with salt. Stir in the oil. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a blender combine the avocado, garlic, remaining jalapeno, 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, canola oil, and water. Pulse the mixture until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add more lime juice or salt, if you like. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- In another serving bowl, sprinkle the tomatoes with a pinch of salt and of sugar.
- Place the pineapple in a serving bowl, the onion in another, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of cilantro in a third. Set aside.
- Drain the fish in a colander. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it is hot, cook the fish, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until it turns opaque. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the fish to a serving bowl; keep warm.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Heat each tortilla for 10 seconds on a side. Wrap in foil to keep warm.
- At the table, spread about 3 spoonfuls of fish down the center of a tortilla. Sprinkle with onion, pineapple, tomatoes, cilantro, cabbage, and avocado sauce, and roll up the sides.
The Cookshartman Springfield, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!