Peach Cheesecake with Gingersnap CrustFrom capebretonqt 6 years ago
- Crust shopping list
- 25 gingersnap cookies (about 6 ounces), coarsely broken shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 4 small peaches (about 1 1/4 pounds), peeled, pitted, sliced 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 1/2 cup peach preserves shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 large peach, peeled, pitted, very thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- For crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grind gingersnaps in processor to coarse crumbs. Add butter and blend until evenly moistened. Press crumbs over bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Bake crust until beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Cool on rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- For filling:
- Combine peaches, 2 tablespoons sugar, and lemon juice in heavy large saucepan. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and peaches are juicy, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Uncover and cook until peaches are tender and juices thicken, about 5 minutes. Cool compote.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add 1 1/4 cups sugar and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Mix in sour cream and vanilla. Spoon half of cheese mixture (about 3 cups) into crust. Spoon peach compote over by tablespoonfuls, spacing apart. Top with remaining cheese mixture.
- Place large piece of foil on oven rack. Place pan with cheesecake on foil. Bake until puffed, set in center, and beginning to brown, about 1 hour. Place hot cheesecake on rack; cool 5 minutes. Run small sharp knife around pan sides to loosen. Place cheesecake, uncovered, on rack in refrigerator and chill overnight. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; keep chilled.)
- For glaze:
- Combine preserves and lemon juice in heavy small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until glaze comes to simmer. Strain into small bowl. Release pan sides; place cheesecake on platter. Spread glaze over top of cheesecake to within 1/4 inch of edge. Chill cheesecake until glaze sets, at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours. Arrange peach slices in center of cake and serve.
The Cookcapebretonqt South Bar, CA
The Rating5 people
Oh I like the twist with the crust sounds delicious ~ 5 forksaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Love cheesecake, love peaches and love ginger snaps; this is a winner all the way around! You have my 5,m2googee in Tomball loved it
Wonderful Cheesecake recipe.quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!