Caramel PopcornFrom jones2888 7 years ago
- 12 cups popped popcorn (popped without salt or fat) shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light molasses shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Coat a large jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, corn syrup, sugar and molasses in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the baking soda, vanilla and salt.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and pour the sugar mixture over it in a steady stream, stirring to coat.
- Spread the popcorn mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir to break up any large clumps. Let cool for about 15 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Nutritional information for one serving:
- WW points: 5
- Calories: 255
- Calories from fat: 66
- Total fat: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Total carbs: 48.4g
- Dietary fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 1.5g
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
The Rating2 people
Can't wait to find a reason to try this recipe out... :) Thank you for sharing!adzell in Ann Arbor loved it
I love this recipe. I like the taste that the molasses gives it. I add a cup and a half of the deluxe mixed nuts (almonds, macadamia, pecans and cashews) and then while it's spread on waxed paper cooling I drizzle it with dark chocolate. My famili...morebutterflyfairy in Carrizozo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!