Banana Coconut Cream PieFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 1 graham cracker crust, store-bought OR homemade shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted shopping list
- 2 medium bananas shopping list
- lemon juice shopping list
- Whipping cream, whipped shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and vanilla.
- Cool slightly.
- Fold in coconut.
- Slice bananas, then dip in lemon juice and drain.
- Arrange banana slices on bottom of pie crust.
- Pour filling over bananas.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours OR until set.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with additional toasted coconut and sliced bananas, if desired.
- Store, covered and refrigerated.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating7 people
mmmmmm PIE!!!aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
fantastic Bannana creme pie thanks great recipe high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yeah.. PIE!! Did I tell you I love PIE?fishtrippin in Estelline loved it