Apple Craisin Lettuce SaladFrom mcboo 6 years ago
- 2 pkgs. lettuce (romaine and spring greens etc.) shopping list
- 1 pkg. or 1 1/2 cups craisins shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cashew pieces shopping list
- 1 large apple chopped shopping list
- 8 oz. swiss cheese grated shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 T. Dijon mustard (use high-quality brand) shopping list
- 2/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 T. poppy seed shopping list
How to make it
- Place dressing ingredients into a container.
- Shake well to combine.
- Chop apple.
- Store in plastic bag with some lemon juice (additional amount from mentioned above-this helps keep the apple from turning brown)
- Measure the rest of the ingredients.
- DO NOT PUT TOGETHER UNTIL READY TO SERVE!
- Combine Salad ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over and toss.
- Other variations include but are not limited to:
- strawberries, mandarin oranges, grapes, sunflower seeds, different kinds of cheeses, different kinds of dried fruit, left over chicken chopped etc.