Chicken MurphyFrom keeperrox 7 years ago
- 1 pound hot italian sausage shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 large onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin shopping list
- 1 quart sliced white button mushrooms shopping list
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1- 12 oz jar sliced hot cherry peppers with brine shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine (or chicken stock) shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) package rotini pasta shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, fry the Italian sausage links until cooked through in 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cut into 1/4 inch slices. Alternately, remove sausage from casings, and brown as you would with bulk sausage. Drain grease and set aside.
- Mix together the flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Dredge the cubed chicken breast in the flour to coat. Heat an additional tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet if necessary. Fry the chicken cubes until browned on the outside. Remove chicken, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a pasta pot with enough water to cover and about 1 tbsp of salt. Bring to a boil, and cook until fork tender, but not mushy, about 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes and set aside. Reserve water and keep heat on medium-low to cook pasta.
- Return the skillet from cooking the sausage and chicken to medium heat and add 1 tbsp of oil if necessary. Saute onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms until soft. Stir in garlic, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add cherry peppers with their brine and the wine or chicken stock to the pan; scrape any browned bits from the bottom, and bring to a simmer.
- Return the chicken and sausage to the pan, and add the potatoes. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick enough to coat the pasta.
- While chicken mixture is simmering, return pot of water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook according to package directions.
- Toss sauce, pasta, and parmesan cheese. Serve with additional cheese.