Mexicali Cornbread MuffinsFrom kitchenfire 7 years ago
- 1 cup corn meal shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 tsp. baking shopping list
- 3 fine diced large jalapenos shopping list
- 1 cup corn shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 diced med white onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional- I don't use) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3 Tbl. vegetable oil. shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup milk (or 1 cup milk and 2 Ttbl. sour cream) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Mix egg, milk and veg. oil separately
- Reserve jalapeno, onion, cheese and corn separately
- ***Important-- liberally oil muffin pan and preheat the oven to 450 degrees before you add your cornmeal mix. This browns the bottom of the muffins and forms a desirable crispy layer.***
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and stir in the jalapeno mix.
- Fill each muffin container 3/4 full, ****watch out for popping oil****
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes or until a golden brown color is achieved.
- take a small spoon or spatula and remove the muffins immediately; they will burn if you leave them in the pan to cool.
- Best eaten hot w/ black eyed peas and ham or just plain butter.
The Cookkitchenfire 78613, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!