Chicken PiccataFrom iwannabachef 6 years ago
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken Breasts shopping list
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/3 c Freshly Squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 c dry white wine (or you can use chicken stock if you don't want the wine) shopping list
- 1/4 c capers, rinsed shopping list
- 1/3 c fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 can of artichoke hearts shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms (I had to leave this one out in the picture, my son hates mushrooms) shopping list
- flour and Parm. cheese (for dredging) shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Wrap chicken breasts in plastic wrap and flatten (beat)
- Unwrap and cut in half
- Salt and Pepper both sides, then dredge in Flour and Parm Cheese
- In pan, cook chicken in Olive Oil and Butter, approximately three to five minutes on both sides (until slightly browned) It only needs to be turned once.
- Take out of pan with tongs and transfer to plate
- In same pan, add lemon juice, wine (or stock), capers and artichoke hearts, scrap bits from chicken and simmer until reduced by half.
- Put lemons in the pan for flavor (will discard before serving)
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for about five more minutes
- Put chicken on serving dish
- Add remaining butter to pan, simmer for another minute or two, remove from heat and pour over chicken.
- Serve and enjoy... goes great with pasta or mashed potates.