Smoked Sangria Beef BrisketFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
- 1 4 pound beef brisket shopping list
- 1 cup zinfandel shopping list
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 canned chipotle chilies, minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons triple sec shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon orange zest shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients, except brisket, in a large mixing bowl. Place brisket in large container, pour over marinade, cover and allow to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Remove brisket from marinade making sure to reserve it for later.
- Prepare smoker.
- You will want it to smoke for about 4-5 hours at 200-220 degrees F. Place brisket on smoker and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove brisket from smoker and wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
- Let set for thirty minutes.
- Place reserved marinade in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
- Serve sangria sauce over sliced brisket.