LEMON COCONUT BREAD with cheese fillingFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® butter, softened shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Filling Ingredients shopping list
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted shopping list
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
- glaze Ingredients shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 - 3 teaspoons LAND O LAKES™ Traditional or Fat Free Half & Half shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 8x4-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter and eggs in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add 1/2 cup milk, lemon juice and lemon peel; continue beating until well mixed. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well mixed.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons coconut; set aside. Combine cream cheese and 3 tablespoons powdered sugar in small bowl until well mixed. Stir in remaining coconut.
- Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Drop teaspoonfuls of filling mixture evenly over batter. Spoon remaining batter over filling; smooth top with back of spoon.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until top is deep golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack; cool completely.
- Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar and enough half & half in small bowl for desired glazing consistency. Spoon over bread; sprinkle with reserved coconut.
- Recipe Tip
- To toast coconut, spread coconut into single layer on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350°F. for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown. Remove from baking sheet. Cool completely.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating5 people
Different and delicious!! Great post; you have my 5!m2googee in Tomball loved it
This sounds wonderful. So different. Can't wait to amke it. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
This sounds really good, Peeta! You have some really nice sweet bread recipes!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!