Celery Potatoe Leek SoupFrom winslow1204 9 years ago
- 2 mediumsliced (white part only) leeks shopping list
- 1/3 c. of plain raw white rice shopping list
- 3 c. of celery Stalks sliced shopping list
- 4 c. of light chicken stock shopping list
- 3-4 medium sized baking potatoes shopping list
- 3 tbsp. of butter shopping list
- 2 c. of milk shopping list
- 3 tbsp. of fresh tarragon or chervil or parsley shopping list
- 1/4 c. of heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of salt shopping list
- Dash of sugar salt And pepper shopping list
How to make it
- First you add vegetables and cook over medium flame approx. 10 min.
- Now you add the liquid and bring to the boil.
- Now stir in the rice, simmering approx. 25 minutes.
- Next you will take the 3-4 medium baking potatoes place in boiling water, throw in a dash of salt.
- After veggie are tender, draing cooking water into leeks and celery.
- Now puree the potatoes with 1 c. of milk .
- Next you will whisk in a second cup of milk.
- The blend the leek and celery mixture with its liquid, into the potatoes.
- Bring all of this to a simmer.
- Add the rest of you seasonings and take off the flame.
- Finally, add your herbs and cream and serve!
The Cookwinslow1204 Centerville, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!