Garlic Potato BreadFrom lenora 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the potato, salt, garlic, potato water, yeast, and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the flour and mix again.
- Turn the dough onto a board and knead smooth.
- Place in a buttered bowl and turn to coat the surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap nd a towel. Let rise until doubled in bulk - about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and shape in a ball.
- Place on baking sheet sprinkled with four or cornmeal where the bread will sit.
- Or bake the bread in a 8 or 9 inch skillet with an oven proof handle.
- Brush the bread with butter and let rise until double in bulk
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- This recipe comes from the Book of great Breakfasts and Brunches by Terence Janericco
The Cooklenora Oak Park, MI
The Rating5 people
I'm always looking for new homemade bread ideas & this sounds like a real good one. I'll be trying it out very soon. Thanks & 4 forksbrianna in loved it
This sounds too good to pass up. I'm the worst at yeast baking....I need lessons I guess! I need to coerce my yeast-baking friends into making this recipe! I wonder if this would work in the bread machine?dynie in Marietta loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!