Rich Sour Cream DoughFrom lenora 6 years ago
- 4 pkgs dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold milk shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 5-6 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Stir in the sugar
- and salt and let proof.
- Stir in the milk, sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla, and egg yolks.
- Add enough flour to make a medium firm dough.
- Beat in the butter.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead, adding more flour as required to make a smooth elastic dough.
- Let rise in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- The dough can remain in the frig at this stage for up to 3 days. Punch it down when ever it comes to doubling in bulk.
- This recipe cam efrom The Book of Great Breakfast and Brunches by Terence Janericco
The Cooklenora Oak Park, MI
The Rating5 people
Nice basic dough recipe to start pastries with.m2googee in Tomball loved it
Thanks for posting such a wonderful recipe.
ambus in Lahore loved it
great post thanks bunches. Happy Easter. momomomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!