No-knead Cheddar Cheese BreadFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon yeast (instant or quick-rise) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (or 2 tsp. table salt) shopping list
- 2 cups lukewarm water (16 oz.) (about 100-115 degrees) shopping list
- 4 cups plus 2 Tbsp. and 1 tsp. (1 lb. 5-1/2 oz.) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 8 oz. extra sharp orange cheddar cheese, (4 oz. diced, 4 oz. shredded) shopping list
- 2 glass 1-1/2 quart 5 x 9-inch glass loaf pans, one inverted on top of shopping list
- the other and 1 loaf pan to place the dough in with parchment paper after rising shopping list
How to make it
- Prep does not include rising times
- In a large bowl place the yeast, salt and 2 cups of warm water.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add flour and cheese and mix well either by hand or mixer. It will be a thick, gooey batter-like dough.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise for 2 hours (or up to 5 hours).
- After rising, stir down dough and pour into a bread pan lined with
- parchment paper.
- Place covered glass loaf pans (one inverted on top of the other) in an oven and set the oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- When the oven temperature reaches 450 degrees, set timer for 30 minutes.
- At the end of that time, remove the top pan (do not remove it from the oven), lift the dough by the parchment paper edges and place in the pre-heated pan.
- Again invert the glass pan and place it on top of the dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 450.
- Ovens vary, so if you have a meat probe thermometer, stick it in the bread at the end of 30 minutes once the cover is removed.
- The bread is done when it reaches 170 degrees.
- Note: You can eliminate the cheese and just make it a plain bread.
- It's delicious either way!
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
Sounds like a lot of work but well worth it. :)donman in Hammond loved it
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Family Favorites140 members
101 A Cheese Place144 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
International Baking67 members