Paulettes Really Great Really Healthy Chicken Sausage LasagnaFrom pollymotzko 8 years ago
- Copyright March 2009, Paulette Le Pore Motzko PollyLePore@gmail.com shopping list
- Created March 28th, 2009 Made on April 11th, 2009 shopping list
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s Mireproux-finely diced carrots, finely diced onions, and finely diced celery shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh garlic shopping list
- 8 oz. ½ package Anthony’s Lasagna, uncooked shopping list
- (or your favorite no boil brand) shopping list
- 2 cups or 15 oz. of part skim ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- ½ cup parmesan cheese or Polly’s Incredible Italiana Seasoning** shopping list
- ½ cup of egg substitute shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons Presti’s Spicy italian seasoning shopping list
- 52 oz of Prego’s Heart Smart roasted red pepper and garlic Marinara shopping list
- 1 pound of Trader Joe’s Mild Italian chicken sausage and Trader Joes’ Chicken Parmesan Sausage cooked and drained in a skillet or large griddle. Then cooled and cut into thin slices. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In medium bowl combine ricotta cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Add the Parmesan cheese or *Polly’s Incredible Italiana Seasoning-if using- and the Presti’s Spicy Italian Seasoning. Add the egg substitute and mix well. Reserve.
- 2. On a very large non-stick griddle cook 8 Italian Sausages on medium high heat until cooked and browned. I cooked 2 different types for this lasagna. Once cooked bring over to a cutting board and once the sausages have cooled, cut them into thin slices.
- In a very large skillet add the browned sausages to the pan and then cook on all sides. Once cooked reserve.
- Take the mirepoix and take another very large pan-that will end up holding all the marinara in it-and add a little bit of oil to the pan and then sautee all the veggies along with 2 tablespoons of minced garlic until the veggies have softened a bit. I cooked mine until the carrots were mostly cooked but still had a little crunch or texture to them. The dish will eventually cook in the oven for 1 hour covered with aluminum foil.
- Add the prepared pasta sauce to the sauteed veggies and then stir in the cooked browned sausages. You can add however much garlic you like or any other seasonings you like in your pasta sauce well. What I added though in this, in just these proportions was INCREDIBLE!! IT AIN’T VERY OFTEN THAT I SAY A DISH IS INCREDIBLE AND THIS WAS!! I STILL HAVE 6 GOOD SIZE SLICES OF IT WHICH WILL BE FROZEN FOR FUTURE MEALS.
- An easy way to describe what I did with this recipe is I borrowed my folk’s Lasagna Pan which held the noodles 3 wide and 4 noodles high. The layers held really well and the dish holds up well. Not soggy at all!
- In 9 x 3 pan put enough sauce on the bottom of the pan so that when you first put the uncooked nookles on it they will sink in. This is how the noodles cook actually is by being “cooked in the sauce”. Place 1/3 of the lasagna noodles over the sauce, then spread with ½ of the cheese mixture over the noodles. Top with 1/3 cup of the meat sauce. Basically just plop the filling in dollops and then gently spoon the filling over the noodles etc…
- Serve with your favorite tossed salad and peach iced tea.
- Repeat step 3
- Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce. Cover with foil and bake 1 hour.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and a little bit of the Polly’s Incredible Italiana Seasoning**
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Remove. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
The Cookpollymotzko Garden Grove, CA
The Rating1 people
Delizioso - Grazieaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it