Krispy Kreme Bread PuddingFrom kytigger 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 dozen glazed doughnuts, cut into sixths shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 10 large egg yolks shopping list
- 2 large whole eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- butter rum Sauce: shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 pound box confectioners’ sugar shopping list
- rum, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 250Â°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the doughnut pieces on baking sheets and bake for about 30 minutes, until dry on the outside and semi firm in the center. Raise the oven temperature to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk 2 cups of the cream with the milk, egg yolks, whole eggs and condensed milk. Add the doughnut pieces and let soak until the pieces are softened, about 1 hour; stir every 15 minutes.
- Lightly butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Spoon the doughnut mixture into the prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Set the dish in a roasting pan and add enough water to the pan to reach halfway up the side of the baking dish. Bake the bread pudding for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for about 20 minutes longer, or until the bread pudding is set.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the bread pudding for about 3 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Let cool for 30 minutes. Take insulin shot.....and enjoy.
- Butter Rum Sauce:
- Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners’ sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
The Rating4 people
Whoaaa...this sounds so rich and good! I believe the part about needing the insulin!! Great post, thank you! ^5
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Are you trying to get us to break out diets? This sounds so good it doen't even need a sauce. Thanks for putting this one up.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
A heart attack in a bowl - whew! Fatness but sounds good. LOLjett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!