Coconut Corn CakesFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn (corn cut from 2 ears of corn) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chives, garlic chives, or small green onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup coconut flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn masa flour (or fine cornmeal) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, coconut oil, or butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a blender or food processor whirl 3/4 of the corn and chives until lightly pureed.
- Empty into a bowl and add eggs and 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Mix well.
- Add coconut flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly but gently.
- Heat additional oil or butter on cast iron griddle over medium-low heat.
- Place large spoonfuls of batter into skillet.
- Flatten gently and cook until golden brown.
- Flip and cook other side.
- Serve with butter, hot sauce, sour cream or desired condiments.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
Who loves this recipe? I DO! Thanks and my five, midge.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
This sounds great! Have never heard of coconut flour. Is it readily available? Must do some searching. Thanks!gardener61 in Woolwich loved it
wow love corn cakes coconut a plus high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Quick N Easy121 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Breakfast Recipes122 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Breakfast Craze69 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Going Coconuts71 members
Vegetarian Appetizers41 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members