Bean and Beef Enchilada CasseroleFrom patriotlady 5 years ago
- ½ pound lean ground beef shopping list
- ½ cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chili peppers shopping list
- 1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream or light dairy sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce or one 1 0 ½ -ounce can tomato puree shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef, onion, chili powder, and cumin until onion is tender and meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir pinto beans and undrained chili peppers into meat mixture; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together sour cream, flour, and garlic powder until combined; set aside.
- Place half of the tortillas in the bottom of a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish, cutting to fit if necessary. Top with half of the meat mixture, half of the sour cream mixture, and half of the enchilada sauce. Repeat layers. Cover dish with plastic wrap; chill in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- To serve: Preheat oven to 350F, Remove plastic wrap; cover dish with foil, Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes more.
The Cookpatriotlady Irving, TX
The Rating4 people
This sounds like a dish I threw together one night and it is wonderful. We make it all the time now. Thanks for actually writing it down with a name. I call mine, "Oh Lord, it is almost dinner time and I haven't made a thing!" Obviously, I don't c...morem2googee in Tomball loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!