Spicy Thai Pumpkin Noodle coconut SoupFrom omshivs 7 years ago
- 17og (6oz) rice noodles shopping list
- 675g (11/2lb) pumpkin, peeled and cut into bitesize chunks shopping list
- 4 tblspn olive oil shopping list
- 1/2-1 tspn dried chili flakes shopping list
- 400g (14oz) can unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 75g (21/2oz) coconut cream shopping list
- 450ml (15fl oz) vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 tblsps light soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tspn soft brown sugar shopping list
- 75g (21/2oz) bean sprouts shopping list
- 75g (21/2oz) carrots, cut into thin strips shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
- coriander (cilantro) to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 220'/425'f/gas 7.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to the packet instructions. Put the pumpkin into a roasting dish, drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over it and season. Roast for 40 mins or until tender.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, heat remaining oil in a frying pan. Add chili flakes and saute over a moderate heat for about 2 mins.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut cream and vegetable stock. Simmer gently, stirring, until the cream has dissolved. Stir in soy sauce and sugar. Season well. Mix in bean sprouts and carrots. Simmer for a further minute. Add the rice noodles and warm them through.
- Divide the chunks of pumpkin between 4 serving bowls and pour the soup over them.
- Scatter the coriander over the top'
- Enjoy!! :)
The Cookomshivs London, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!