Chocolate Brownies with Chocolate GanacheFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 4 ounces (120 grams) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon shopping list
- pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup (95 grams) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- chocolate Ganache: shopping list
- 3 ounces (90 grams) semi sweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven
- to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and place rack in center of oven. Butter, or spray with a non stick vegetable spray, an 8 inch (20 cm) square baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Next, whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Finally, stir in the flour and salt.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Chocolate Ganache
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized stainless steel bowl. Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil. Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk or spoon until smooth. Let cool to room temperature and then spread the ganache over the brownies. I like to store these brownies in the refrigerator. They can also be frozen.
- Makes 16 brownies.
People Who Like This Dish 21
- cocoaeh Ottawa, Canada
- baking44 Nowhere, Us
- fanoel Glenavy, NZ
- bettychinleelian Nowhere, Us
- iampaulcortez San Jose City, Philippines
- Sonia_Anne Ngongotaha, NZ
- nehawedadabdullah Bangladesh, Dhaka
- katethirtynine Whereabouts, Unknown
- Ceolwulf Nowhere, Us
- rachy Wauwatosa, WI
- Plus 11 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
If there's anything better than chocolate brownies, it's chocolate browines with chocolate frosting! LOL Thanks for sharing...love hommade brownies.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
omg yes and yes again love them
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Peeta your on a roll today, loving all your recipe posts, thanks so much for sharing and making me hungry LOL You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!