Chocolate Almond Brown Rice PuddingFrom canadianbakertoo 7 years ago
- 1 cup short or medium grain brown rice shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup water shopping list
- 3 tbsp. cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 pkg. ( 946 ml) almond milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate (85% cocoa solids) chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced or slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- In saucepan, combine rice, salt and 1 2/3 cups water to a boil; immediately reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the rice is simmering whisk together cocoa, cinnamon and some of the almond milk until smooth; whisk in remaining almond milk.
- Stir this into the rice; increase heat and bring to simmer. Stir in sugar; simmer, stirring often, until rice is completely soft and pudding is thick and creamy, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted and well mixed.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Makes 8 servings