Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan and PancettaFrom castingcook 7 years ago
- * 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces (about 6 cups) shopping list
- 4 ounce piece pancetta, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, whole shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (optional) shopping list
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Blanch the cauliflower for 2 minutes. Transfer the cauliflower to a buttered 9 by 13-inch baking dish and let cool, about 5 minutes.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, brown the pancetta. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter. Add the flour and stir until combined. Continue stirring for 2 minutes to cook the flour. Slowly add the milk, stirring continuously until the milk has incorporated and there are no lumps. Add the garlic clove and red pepper flakes and stir the sauce over low heat until the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon. Add the Parmesan, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and the reserved pancetta. Stir to combine. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower to cover. Top with a sprinkling of bread crumbs.
- Bake until the breadcrumbs are golden and the cauliflower is cooked, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
The Cookcastingcook Los Angeles, CA
The Rating4 people
Sounds delicious, saved. Thanks for posting ~ 5 forksaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Woooo Hoooo! I am loving this, cooking... My thanks, my five and our dinner!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
This sounds really really good to me. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!