Baby Bok Choy with Oyster sauceFrom littlesponger 6 years ago
- 10 baby bok choy, if big, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1 Tbsp water shopping list
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil, plus a couple drop of oil shopping list
- pinch of ground ginger powder shopping list
- pinch of ground white pepper powder shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, add a couple drops of oil, pinch of salt and the bok choy; quickly blanch them for 20 to 30 seconds. As soon as they turn slightly wilted, drain and rinse under cold water to preserve the bright green color of the leaves. Gently squeeze each bok choy to remove excess water.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 15 seconds until garlic turns light brown.
- Turn the heat off, then add water, oyster sauce, ginder powder and white pepper powder: Turn the heat back on and stir until the sauce has thickened. Add bok choys and coats the bok choy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot