Sausage and Pepper Baked ZitiFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 8 ounces ziti rigati pasta shopping list
- 2 teaspoons oil shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 cubanelle peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 12 ounces hot OR sweet Italian sausage shopping list
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups marinara sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F..
- Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted water to al dente.
- Meanwhile heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add peppers, onion and sausage.
- Cook for 6 minutes OR until sausage is browned.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut sausage into 1/4" slices.
- Mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, 3 tablespoons Parmesan and parsley.
- Drain pasta.
- Toss with cheese mixture, sausage mixture and 1 cup marinara.
- Pour pasta into a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes OR until bubbly.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
Great recipe, great post. Thank you so much for sharing. Five Forks!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
I'm there lorraine !!!! lol ...i love these type of recipes and i love sausage and peppers too yum
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it