German Beer SoupFrom midgelet 4 years ago
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring beer, covered, to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat together egg yolks, sour cream, cornstarch, sugar and salt until well blended.
- Transfer mixture to a large saucepan over low heat.
- Pour in hot beer, a little at a time, stirring until well combined.
- Do not boil.
- To serve, divide bread cubes into four warmed soup bowls.
- Sprinkle cheese over bread.
- Pour hot soup over all and serve piping hot.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Quick N Easy121 members
Cooking With Beer39 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Anything Goes286 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together134 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
German Recipes24 members
Soup Is Good Food59 members