Gingersnap CookiesFrom jones2888 8 years ago
- 1 stick of room temperature butter (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup molasses shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 t baking soda shopping list
- 1 t cinnamon shopping list
- 1 t ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 t ground red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 t ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 t salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar and molasses in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs until smooth.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, red pepper, cloves and salt in a medium bowl. Beat dry ingredients into the butter-molasses mixture until smooth.
- Divide dough into six portions. Roll each portion into 1-inch-wide cylinders. Wrap in plastic and chill 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a shallow dish. Cut each cylinder into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Dip both sides of cookies in the sugar. Place on prepared baking sheets. Bake until firm, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Per cookie: 68 calories; 1 g protein, 13 g carbs, 0 g fiber; 2 g fat (1 g sat fat); 11 mg cholesterol; 45 mg sodium
The Cookjones2888 Columbus, OH
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!