Muhamarra Roasted Red Pepper SpreadFrom marmay 6 years ago
- 1 - 1/2 cups broken walnuts shopping list
- 1 slice whole wheat bread (about 1/2 cup crumbled) shopping list
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained, coarsely chopped (about 1 1 - 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate syrup (also called pomegranate paste or molasses) plus more to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional) shopping list
- toasted pita or lavash shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the walnuts and bread in the bowl of a food processor; process until finely chopped.
- Add the roasted peppers and olive oil; process until smooth.
- Add the pomegranate molasses,
- lemon juice, hot red pepper paste, salt, cumin and sugar.
- Process until blended.
- Taste and add more olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is thick, but easy to spread.
- Taste and add more molasses, salt, and/or sugar, to taste.
- (If the pomegranate molasses is sweet the dip might need a dash more of lemon or lime juice.)
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Flavors will mellow as the dip
- . Serve with oven toasted or grilled pita or other flat bread.
- Makes about 2 cups or 8 or more servings