Sausage-onion QuicheFrom irishiz 6 years ago
- 1 pound pork sausage (we prefer one of the spicy/zesty ones) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- unbaked 9 inch pie shell shopping list
How to make it
- Partially cook sausage. Remove from pan and keep 2 tablespoons of rendered fat in the pan for the next step.
- Saute onion and celery in the reserved fat for 2-3 minutes.
- Put with sausage and cheese into the pie shell.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour into the shell.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until browned and filling is just set.
- Cool 10 minutes and serve.
The Cookirishiz Annapolis, MD
The Rating4 people
We've been into "quiche/dinner" quite a bit lately, irish. This one sounds real good to me and we'll probably have it one evening next week. I normally do a crustless version to cut down some of the fat/carbs/calories. Breakfast is the new dinner,...morelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Perfect for a brunch I am hosting next weekend for our daughter's dearest friend and her family. I was going to make a breakfast casserold but this will be a pretty presentation with some nice fruit, etc.
Thanks for a timely share!borinda in SoCal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!