Montgomery Pie from PA Dutch CountryFrom lacrenshaw 4 years ago
- 2 unbaked 9" pie shells shopping list
- TOP PART: shopping list
- Zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- BOTTOM PART: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup lard (preferred) OR shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F..
- TOP PART:
- Blend all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- BOTTOM PART:
- Cream sugar and shortening in a mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Beat in milk alternately with flour mixture.
- Pour into unbaked pie shells, dividing evenly.
- Pour on topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
This Sounds Really Good Lorraine. Gotta Try This One.goblue434 in Anniston loved it
A true home spun cake recipe! Thank you for sharing. 5!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
wow very different .....i like it lorraine saved ........
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it