Acorn Squash with Asiago CheeseFrom grizzlybear 4 years ago
- • 3 small acorn squash shopping list
- • 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated shopping list
- • 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- • 2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely chopped shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon maple syrup shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cut acorn squashes in half and remove seeds and strings.
- In a saucepan combine butter, sugar, sage, onion powder, maple syrup, salt and pepper and heat until butter is melted and sugar disolved.
- Brush mixture over the inside of the acorn squash.
- Grill squash pieces cut side up over a medium indirect heat for about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese and parsley over the cut side of the squash and continue grilling for about 20 minutes or until soft and the cheese is browned.
- Serve warm
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating4 people
This sounds awesome! Sage, asiago cheese and maple syrup. Wow!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
I adore asiago cheese in any form. And on squash, this would be sublime.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!